Case Study: Acquisition
Problem & Constraints
- Company held significant share in market and was now growing at market rate
- CEO-led deals were failing at the Board level
- Management team / CEO had neither the skills nor the band-width to create and manage the acquisition process and necessary advisors (attorneys, tax, accounting, market specific consultants)
- Valuation of the company was degrading based upon growing perception that the company would not expand beyond initial market, product, technology
- Create M&A Diversification Process [target identification, process, minimum value, key terms, negotiation methodology & strategies, thresholds thru to integration process]
- Gain buy-in from management team then Board of Directors
- Manage third party advisors and below C-level of management team keeping CEO/management & Board involved and comfortable with process, positions, and process
- Developed plans, documents, presentations, processes
- Gained management & Board support
- Executed plan with management support and participation
- Worked through trade-off scenarios to arrive at acceptable deal above walkaways
- Acquired a series of companies which became 2nd platform for company
- Valuation of business increased by nearly 4x with this successful execution.
- Now established process and educated (and expanded team) added subsequent platforms
Ready to Talk?
Tell us more about your business challenge and lets discuss how we can help you.